Watermelon is one of the best summer fruits period. It's juicy and refreshing, and there's nothing quite like it in my book. After being at the beach all afternoon I was craving watermelon but decided to switch things up instead of eating a regular slice so I quickly threw together this Watermelon Lime Smoothie. It is so easy to make and the payoff is awesome. The fresh watermelon enhanced with lime juice is perfect during a hot summer day and next time I am going to turn it into a delicious cocktail by adding a splash of vodka.
Watermelon Lime Smoothie
- 1/4 watermelon (depends on how large you want to make it/how many servings)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- crushed ice
- Remove seeds from watermelon and chop into small - medium sized cubes. Add to blender
- Juice 1/2 lime over the watermelon.
- Add a splash of water (or vodka!) and start blending.
- Once everything is mixed, add a handful of crushed ice and continue to blend.
- Pour into a tall glass and garnish with a watermelon wedge!