Greek yogurt is one of my favorite foods so I was really excited when Chobani reached out to me about writing a recipe post incorporating their plain yogurt. I love plain Greek yogurt because it’s so thick and filling, but it’s also very versatile. I used to think of yogurt as only a breakfast food, but ever since Chobani came into the world, new doors have opened in my brain.
My goal was to make a recipe that used Chobani plain yogurt in a more non-traditional way that what I’m used to. I’ve been really into toast lately, so I decided to make a Fig, Prosciutto, and Honey-Yogurt toast, using the yogurt in place of what would normally be goat cheese. The plain yogurt mixed with just a touch of honey adds a creaminess that balances out the sweet fig and salty meat. It’s super quick and easy to make and even better, using Chobani is healthier than piling on a pound of goat cheese (which is what I would normally do). I can’t wait to try out more recipes using Chobani! Check out Chobani’s website for even more healthy recipes here.
Fig, Prosciutto, and Honey-Yogurt Toasts
- 1 cup plain Chobani Greek yogurt
- 6 fresh figs
- 5 oz. prosciutto
- French baguette
- 1 tsp. honey
- Olive oil
- Mix honey with Chobani plain yogurt
- Slice figs into thin pieces
- Tear prosciutto into thin strips
- Slice baguette into diagonal slices, spread olive oil on either side. Toast in the oven on a baking sheet until golden brown and crispy.
- After toasts have cooled slightly, dollop a generous amount of Chobani yogurt and honey mixture onto each. Top with prosciutto and figs and enjoy!