Mondays are ROUGH! I literally wanted to leave work today at noon, as I felt like I was not a fully functioning human being. Hopefully this recipe makes your Tuesday a bit brighter.
I made this Winter Citrus Salad the day after Christmas, when what I wanted to eat was the opposite of cookies, chocolate, stuffing, you name it. It's so refreshing and really easy to make, but also made me realize I need to work on my knife skills! Slicing oranges into neat vertical circles is difficult, people. The salad was a hit though, and I would have enjoyed more of it if my mom and sister didn't finish it off in about ten minutes. :-)
Winter Citrus Salad
- Assorted citrus fruit in flavor and color. I used grapefruit, blood oranges, cara cara oranges, and naval oranges.
- 1/2 cup shelled, unsalted pistachios
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds
- Peel all oranges and slice up into bite size chucks (or if you can actually use a knife, unlike me, slice in circles)
- Toss chunks together in a bowl and top with pistachios and pomegranate seeds.