It is no joke that my kitchen is tiny. And I mean VERY tiny. I can almost touch the refrigerator and stove (which are at opposite ends) at the same time if I reach across. But I have had worse kitchens while living in New York and when I was looking for an apartment the last time around my one requirement was that the kitchen be in a separate room than the living space, which was achieved. That being said, with limited space I obviously can't stock my kitchen with all the appliances I dream of (hello Vitamix, KitchenAid, pasta machine) but I do have lots of smaller items that have been some of the best purchases I've made since moving here.
- Chemex Coffeemaker - This has definitely been one of my best purchases (admission, it was a birthday gift so I didn't actually cough up the cash) and it makes amazing coffee quickly and very well. It also has saved me a lot of money especially on weekends, by making coffee at home instead of shelling out $4.00 for a fancy latte.
- Vegetable Julienne Peeler - I bought this when the "zoodle" craze began to take force and although I was skeptical I've actually used it a ton with zucchinis, carrots, sweet potatoes and more. It's also the size of a regular vegetable peeler so fits perfectly in my utensil drawer.
- Cast Iron Skillet - I LOVE THIS! I can cook chicken or steak on it and get an awesome sear, or roast meals in it and then eat right out of it! I have even baked in it. Plus it is apparently super healthy to eat food out of a cast iron skillet. I need to get more.
- Coffee Bean Grinder - When I travel I love buying local coffee beans from wherever I am. With my coffee grinder I can enjoy it at home.
- Blender - self explanatory. It's good for smoothies, sauces, soups, dips, and more. My blender may not be as fancy as a Vitamix but it gets the job done.
- Citrus Juicer - I bought a pretty citrus juicer from Anthropologie on a whim a couple years ago, but I use it a ton. I've never really been a fan of orange juice until I tried making it myself. It's so much fresher this way and I can't imagine not having this.
- Springform Pan - Cheesecake is one of my all-time favorite desserts and I love baking them. It was only natural that I buy a springform pan for this reason.
- Popsicle Molds - These were another whim purchase, but over the summer they saw a lot of use! It's easy to throw something fruity together, pop them in the freezer, and then have something delicious and refreshing to enjoy a couple hours later.