It is Monday! Is it bad that I am already ready for the weekend?? It feels like the weather has been playing with us lately in New York, making the spring drag along. The pretty flowers are starting to bloom but the temperatures feel like the tundra! Wahh. I have my fingers crossed about the next couple of weeks though. In other news, I am SO happy to finally be back in New York for the next couple of weeks with absolutely no travel plans. I'm hoping to catch up with friends, check out Smith Canteen for a cappuccino, and maybe some baking.
A couple weekends ago I made these beet pickled deviled eggs. I love eggs in all forms but deviled eggs are a particularly delicious snack in my opinion. Pickling them in beet juice beforehand adds a fun flavor and a pretty color!
Beet Pickled Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1 jar pickled beets
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- chives, chopped
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Submerge eggs in pickled beet juice for 8-12 hours (the longer you do, the deeper the pink will be!)
- Drain juice and dry eggs. They will be deep pink. Carefully cut eggs in half and remove the yolks.
- In a separate bowl, mix yolks, mayo, mustard, and salt and pepper. Using a piping bag, fill egg halves with the mixture. Top with paprika and chives.