This week kind of feels like a blur. It finally is summer-ish temperatures and I keep telling myself I'm going to start running longer distances again. Surprise, surprise, that hasn't happened yet. Is anyone reading any good books lately? I started A Little Life a couple weeks ago and while it's good, I haven't been drawn to picking it back up after a hiatus. I'll have to give it another go.
I've been fascinated with the nut-milk craze and am a big fan of almond milk and cashew milk so I have been wanting to try making one myself. I love pistachios so when I saw a picture of pistachio milk on Pinterest, I had to try. It was really easy (although a bit time consuming) and delicious. I used the milk in my weekly smoothies and turned the pulp from the pistachios into flour that I baked into a cake (coming soon)!
Homemade Pistachio Milk
- 1 cup of raw, unsalted shelled pistachios
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups of water
- Soak pistachios overnight in water, at least 12 hours.
- Strain water from nuts and put in a blender with vanilla, honey, cinnamon and four cups of water. Blend until smooth, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Using at least 2 layers of cheese cloth, strain blended mixture into a new container. Do this in batches and make sure to squeeze out any excess liquid.