With my sister, Molly, living here this summer we've been more active than normal trying to do as many things as possible. It's so fun having an adventure buddy with me! This past weekend she was dog sitting the sweetest toy Australian Shepard puppy named Bella, so we took her everywhere (photos of her to come soon!), including an outdoor brunch at Dudley's, a visit to the DUMBO dog park, and a trip to the Borough Hall farmer's market. We also took her to the Cobble Hill Park, and apparently Chris Evans (aka Captain America) strolled by but I was too busy most likely playing with my phone. Ugh. This is a true lesson in why people need to pay attention and not be on their phones all the time!
Bella left on Monday night and now I am having major separation anxiety. I really want a dog but would feel bad leaving him/her when I went to work everyday. But a girl can dream! Also, speaking of farmer's markets, when I went this weekend I was thrilled to see one of my favorite items, red currants! I have spoken of them before, but they are really the best and I look forward to when they are in season. The availability of red currants and an overflow of strawberries, led to this creation, a strawberry and red currant tart, which is kind of random but was delicious.
Strawberry & Red Currant Tart
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Crush graham crackers into a powder and add in melted butter, flour, turbinado sugar, and cinnamon and combine thoroughly. Using a springform pan, pour the mixture in and mold well to the bottom and part of the sides. Bake for 15 minutes, until solid and crunchy.
- Remove the crust from the oven and let cool. While cooling, chop up all the strawberries into thin slices and set aside.
- Once cool, remove the sides of the springform pan, and spread Greek yogurt to cover the entire thing aside from the edges.
- Pile on sliced strawberries and red currants. Slice and enjoy!
- 1 sleeve honey graham crackers
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup red currants