It's officially two days until Christmas and I'm in the middle of a baking and cooking frenzy. I can't wait to spend time with friends and family for the holiday - even though it is supposed to be 60 degrees in the Northeast! Quite different from last year's Christmas.
In preparation for the holidays I wanted to share a recipe that's healthier (but still yummy!) than what I've been sharing lately. I've been trying to rethink my snack game during the holiday season so I don't constantly feel like I've overeaten. Even though I love cookies, candy, cheese, etc. I hate feeling sluggish and gross. When I heard Nuts.com was looking for healthy holiday snack recipes I knew just what to make! These Pomegranate and Yogurt Granola Cups are perfect bite sized energy boosters that are healthy and will fill you up. The creamy yogurt and tangy pomegranate seeds balance the nutty "cup" underneath, and the whole snack is crunchy and delicious. Check out more healthy snack options from Nuts.com here, and make sure to follow the hashtag #SeasonsEatings for more ideas!
Pomegranate and Yogurt Granola Cups
- 2 cups of steel cut oats
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of red quinoa
- 1 teaspoon of hemp seeds
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of honey (plus more for drizzling)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of turbinado sugar
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- Pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a medium bowl, mix together oats, seeds, and quinoa. Add in egg white, maple syrup, honey, vanilla and sugar, until it becomes a granola "batter."
- Coat a muffin tray with coconut oil and fill each cup with the granola mixture. Pat it at the bottom so a small dip is formed.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes, until they are solid and only slightly squishy. Let cool slightly.
- Once cups are not as hot, remove them gently from the muffin tray and place them on a cooling rack so they can cool completely.
- Fill the cups with a tablespoon or two of Greek yogurt. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and honey and enjoy!